Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Moira's Big Girl Room


So I've been giving an obscene amount of thought to what theme I want to use for Moira's room. I was thinking butterflys and fairies, but Nick said no way. So them we decided on dragons/fantasy we already have a few things that fit this idea and it seemed to suit both our requirements. Well the only dragon bed sets I could find cost big bucks so the next plan was to make my own bed spread, but I couldn't find anything sufficiently girly until last night. The new plan is to buy a comfortor cover and add this to the top, and then go from there for curtains etc. I e-mailed the e-store to double check and they say it's 45" fabric so I guess you get two stripes in 45".



The other thing we've aquired for Moira is a nice chest of drawers and matching end table. I scored these for free off craigslist. They need a paint job (and we just happen to have lots of purple paint) and a piece of trim replaced, but they're solid pine and very sturdy.




5 comments:

Addie said...

That fabric is way cute!

Gabe said...

I'm totally in support of the dragon theme!
Here's a cool dragon:
http://www.gabetaylor.net/storage/dragon1.jpg

Gabe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keeley said...

That is terrific fabric. I knew you would find something. Dragons are too cool not to have tons of dragon everything out there.

Aimee said...

Dragons are girls, too! The dragon in Eragon is a girl, too. I know that most of us would like to avoid mainstream, but the book was written by a teenaged kid and so that gives it a little leeway in my opinion. Awesome fabric, by the way!