Monday, August 03, 2009

yeah for August

July was a busy, busy month. So I'm very happy that August has arrived. My little frisbee dog contest somehow balloned into a massive canine festival. It was very stressful and way to much work for free. In the end I was happy when I looked up and saw it was a success, but I will only be managing the frisbee aspect of the event in future years and leave the rest to the city and the local off-leash dog group. We ended up with around 1000 people at the event and made the front page of the local paper.

Suki took third place in the novice division of the Disc competition, which was quite an improvement over our finish in 2008, dead last. It's a little embarassing when the event host comes in last. In addition to that Suki and Kess finished 1st and 2nd respectively in the clean your plate dog food eating contest, and Kess has the 3rd best tail wag in Kirkland. All of our contest winnings added up to some new dog toys and $50 worth of gift certificates at the local pet store. I was so busy that I took almost no pictures, but you can see a few here, plus a video put together by another club member.

All that's left is to put together notes for who ever handles the event in 2010 and a quick presentation for city council, where we hand over the check for the fundraising effort. I don't have the total, but it's somewhere around 5k.


fddo2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcoo1moSY3A

No comments: