Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's a Miracle



Well Kiah slept from 11:30 last night to 4:30, yep folks that's FIVE hours. Granted it will probably never happen again, but I feel pretty great right now. Well Moira has turned in to a total t.v. addict since Kiah's birth. I tried going cold turkey with no tv yesterday which resulted in two screaming kids for several hours so we're revising the strategy to slowly reduce tv time.


We had a great time in the sun this weekend. We finished planting a couple of flower beds and introduced Moira to a bin of sidewalk chalk. The basketball court makes a great canvas.

Nick's first project with his new table saw was to build a trellis for this lanky rose next to the front door.

Nick has also dug out a new path that will go from the deck to the upper level of the back yard. This flower bed will border one side and the flower bed up against the gazebo is on the other side. This bed has two purple hebe we inherited from Judy and Paul and 3 white azalea and three purple azaleas that we got from Keron and Ross.

We also finished planting the bed next to the gazebo. It contains two indian hawthorn, a bleeding heart, 4 hostas two rhododendrons (I particularly like the peach/orange one) and 20 day lilies and a row of inpatients for some color.

4 comments:

Keeley said...

Isn't sleep grand! You probably know more about that than I do these days. The yard is looking really beautiful. I'm so impressed how much you two get done in the midst of toddlers and infants- you're the rockin-est parents!

Addie said...

Glad to hear you're getting some rest! The new flower bed looks great. You'll have to let me know when the lillies start to bloom!

Gabe said...

Five hours, huh? Sounds um.. adequate, I guess. The trellis looks great too! Let me know when you get some gravel for backfilling your trench!

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous of your yard right now! Our yard has great potential, I just haven't done anything with it yet. My excuses: a) too pregnant last summer and b) too busy this spring. I'll get on it one of these days.

Hope you've gotten at least a few more decent nights of sleep since you posted this!