Monday, February 22, 2010

My Grandmother, Anne Robb


My Grandmother is truly one of the most tenacious individuals I have ever encountered. She raised her three girls on her own and managed to make a good life for herself and family. I can only hope that I am as strong as her and my mother in life.


My grandmother was attacked and stabbed multiple times in her bed last night. I can't begin to understand why someone would do this. There is no excuse. You'd like to think that someone who could commit such a violent and horrible act would stand out from the crowd that you could spot them, but you can't. It's easy to forget that this is the world we live in and some days I'm very sad to be a part of it.


My grandma is expected to survive, but it will be a long recovery both emotionally and physically. I can't imagine the strength it took for her to get up and get herself help, but I hope that even a small part of that is within me. I just can't make sense of the world today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy cow! I'm so sorry to hear that something so horrible could happen to anyone...let alone your grandmother. I wish her a very quick recovery!

Addie said...

There really are no words for how horrible this is. Some people in this world just aren't right. I'm wishing you & your family and especially your grandmother all the best during this trying time.