Monday, February 08, 2010

Sick, Sicker, Sickest

Well we've all been miserably ill for what seems like forever. It started with poor Moira who had an ear infection, then the flu, which got into her lungs resulting in pneumonia and a trip to the hospital and finally finished up with pink eye. She's still coughing a lot, but she eating and sleeping normally and her temperature is only slightly elevated. Then Kiah and I caught it and while we missed out on the ear infection and pneumonia I ended up with severe nausea and couldn't keep even water down. So this time I got a tour of the lovely emergency unit at Evergreen for dehydration. 2L of saline later and some anti-nausea meds and I was back home. I then slept for 18 hours (no I'm not joking) I finally arose from my coma to discover that the anti-nausea medication "may cause drowsiness" I haven't taken any for 24hrs and I've been ok. My fevers still 102, and I've got pink eye, but I actually feel pretty good considering, and just in time because after taking care of this lot all weekend Nick has succumbed to the virus and is now sick in bed.

All in all it's been pretty horrible and I've got about a million things going on right now the least of which is my moms big boating seminar on the 20th. Being hopelessly sick sure makes you wish for the carefree days of summer. Hopefully by this time next week we'll all be back in good health.

5 comments:

Juju said...

Hope that Nick starts to feel better today! It has been bad enough just knowing you are all so sick.

Addie said...

Whew, that sounds awful. I remember when Cary, Conan and I all got super sick last spring - it was THE WORST 3 weeks ever. I sure hope you guys are on the mend. Pink eye sucks, on top of everything!

Unknown said...

We are thinking of you and wishing you all a speedy recovery! Sorry to hear what a miserable time you've had.

Gabe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabe said...

Pestilence is a drag. We've all had a go at it this winter as well. It sounds like you got a heavy dose. Take care, and keep your spirits up!