Friday, January 11, 2008

Kess Herding

Most of you know that Kess and I have taken sheep herding lessons off and on since we got her. This is really a great outlet for her and a chance for me to develop a completely different relationship with my dog. While she's not quite ready for the hills of Scotland we've had about 15 lessons with a new instructor and she's really doing well so I thought I'd post some video. Since I'm very preggo now Brian handles her most of the time, the stick he's holding just has a plastic bag tied to it, and though he gets after her a little for those of you who know Kess hitting her upside the head with a 2x4 would only distract her momentarily. Our focus in training is to get her to work at a calm speed and to be thoughtful about her actions while around the sheep.

No comments: