Monday, March 17, 2008

Sping time fun

After the tease of a couple of sunny days it's almost impossible to wait for spring much less summer. We've been busy with all sorts of projects as usual. We had a nice long weekend . . . Moira went to stay with my mom for the night! So Nick and I went out to a nice lunch friday and followed it up with a trip to the Seattle Art Museum to check out the Romans exhibit. It's several large marble artifacts brought over from the louve. Since I don't think I'll be in Italy any time soon it was well worth the effort to see the exhibit baby free! It really puts the troubles of our times in perspective when you're standing next to a 2000 year old masterpiece.


On sunday a friend came over and with her and Nick's help we made several obstacles to test your frisbee throwing skills for the upcoming disc dog season.






Last weekend was mainly dedicated to the yard. Nick turned the pile of dirt next to the retaining wall into a proper ramp, allowing us to easily navigate the lawnmower and wheelbarrow to the lower half of the yard. I had ambitions to reclaim some of the flowerbeds around the gazebo. After floundering around for about 30 min I conceded defeat to the belly, luckily Nick took pity on me and did a little digging. I've reigned in my gardening plans to filling the front bed along the house and reclaiming and planting the bed around the gazebo. Moira was only to happy to help with digging in the mud and getting dirty.


2 comments:

Addie said...

wow, those dog obstacles look pro! nice work.

Nice flowerbed too. Probably a good idea to keep the projects on the small side for this year - the more you plant, the more you'll have to week this summer!

Addie said...

er, weed.