Monday, March 24, 2008

Lucky Break!!

So way back in Jan I fell victim to a speed trap. I haven't gotten a ticket in 15yrs so I was pretty annoyed that the cop gave me a $250 ticket, plus my tabs had expired, which was another $200. So I decided to actually go in to court to see if I could get the fines reduced. Well I finally had my court date today. Apparently the city of Lake Forest Park lost their copy of my ticket and the copy that I sent in with my request for a hearing, so the judge had no choice but to dismiss my tickets since they didn't know what they were for. Unfortunately I was so happy I forgot to get anything to that effect in writing so I'll have to call them tomorrow. I could just see trying to renew my licence and getting told it was suspended for unpaid fines.

It pretty much made my day, week, month. I wish I could say that we went out and celebrated, but we're broke so we just rented some movies and had a pizza, but I might have to go buy a lottery ticket in the morning.

5 comments:

Dan said...

That's such a happy story, it made my day.

Addie said...

Yeah! That's terrific news.

I got pulled over for speeding on the way to grandma's house for Easter (seriously) but I got off with a warning. I was so releived. I don't know how long its been since I got a ticket - it certainly hasn't been 15 years! - but I sure didnt want one.

I was doing 55 in a 45 on Northwest. I tried really hard to stick to the speed limit the rest of the way to grandma's house.

Gabe said...

Justice denied!
Dude, you gotta voluntarily pay that fine. Help those cops with their quotas. It's your civic duty.

Addie said...

What, do you work for the government or something???

Addie said...

^^^^ comment spam ^^^^

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets that crap...